Contact Us

Phone (07) 3300 0465




Address Suite 4, level 1, The Gap Village

1000 Waterworks Road, The Gap. QLD 4061.


Facebook Instagram

Online Enquiry

Please call me back
* Required fields

Frequently Asked Questions



When did THink Aesthetics become an RTO?

15 June 2017

What courses does THink offer as an RTO?

There are three government-accredited courses offered:

Design & Provide Cosmetic Tattooing (SHBBSKS003)

Maintain Infection Control Standards (SHBBINF001)

Maintain Infection Prevention for Skin Penetration Treatments (HLTINF005)

What does it mean for me if I do a course?

THink became the first dedicated cosmetic tattoo RTO in Australia in 2017. Think also offers two accredited infection control courses in support of cosmetic tattooists and others specialising in skin penetration treatments. Your training will be delivered by an Australian government accredited training organisation that meets strict standards and has formal processes in place. Certificates for accredited course will be RTO-endorsed and recognised nationally. If the qualifications ever change, you will be eligable to upgrade to the new qualification through a process called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

Are all your courses government accredited?

Our government-accredited courses are Design & Provide Cosmetic Tattooing (SHBBSKS003) and the pre-requisite Maintain Infection Control Standards (SHBBINF001) and the latest 'gold standard' for skin penetration Maintain Infection Prevention for Skin Penetration Treatments (HLTINF005). THink offers several other specialised and advanced courses for which there is no government accreditation available yet, however they are all run to a similarly high standard.

Will my certificates be RTO-endorsed? Will they have the RTO logo on them?

Yes the accredited courses will have the RTO logo and number on them. For the specialised courses we are not allowed to endorse them with the logo because there is no government-accredited equivalent. THink is considering submitting some of our specialised courses for national accreditation but this will be a lengthy process.

I did my training at another school/college, can THink check my qualifications/training and then give me an RTO-endorsed certificate?

THink can evaluate your skills and qualifications and may be able to provide you with an RTO-endorsed certificate based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). The level of effort and therefore cost for this is determined on a case-by-case basis.

If you successfully undertake recertification training with THink, which involves a customised short-course, as well as complete our new on-line training modules, then we can also issue an RTO-endorsed certificate.

What is your complaints and appeals policy?

THink believes that all students have a right to raise a concern or complaint and have it dealt with fairly, equitably and efficiently - in accordance with our complaints and appeals policy. To read our full policy, please visit the Student Information tab in the Training and Certification menu.